Monday, October 10, 2011

Stranger Danger

All right.  If a person approaches you on your lunch break at the food court, don't believe a word they say, mace them, and scream, "FIRE" (because people don't help people encounter strangers).

Let me give you the whole story. It is four o'clock in the afternoon as I'm sitting down for my linner (lunch and dinner) of Chick-fil-A.  Half way into my Number 2 combo meal this well dressed, younger man approaches my table and asks if I work at the mall. I'm a dumbo and said yes.  Of course, we all know that yes to working at the mall means, "Sure have a seat and make conversation."  This dude pulls up a chair and starts rudely hitting on me...kind of..it was more like a series of fast-paced phrases that including my "boyfriend" kicking his butt for talking to me...awkward. I set him straight by telling him my "husband" would kick his butt. He continues these awkward comments thrown together with random mentions of  baseball team fundraiser/communications' class homework/supporting troops across seas by buying magazines, but he had a boss.  I don't know about you, but I was thoroughly confused.  The holes in his story/stories were even more transparent when he said he was UTSA 1st String Pitcher..Too bad I know the 1st String Pitcher's girlfriend, and he was not their starting pitcher.

Moral of this story.  Even if  you are grown woman don't talk to strangers. People are creeps and if something feels off about their story, something probably is. 

P.S I'm really proud of how many prepositions I used in my second sentence in the second paragraph.

1 comment: